Tuesday, January 18, 2011

It's been far too long since I've updated our blog. Here is a recap for the year 2010.
In January we moved in with Jared's parents in order to pay off some debt and save for a new house. We found a renter for our condo and she signed a lease in March. So far so good.
The week after mother's day I found out that I am pregnant with baby #2. I'm due on January 22nd 2011. (That's right, this Saturday.) We are super excited. Jared and I decided to not find out the sex before hand like we did with Jacob. I think its a girl and Jared keeps going back and forth. If it's a boy his name will be Andrew Robert. Robert is after my dad and grandfather. If it's a girl her name will be Abigail Kathleen. Kathleen after my mom.
I got a Disneyland pass this year and took Jacob every month except for July. We had lots of fun with that. I have a few friends and my sister in law who have passes so we always went with friends. Jacob has grown to really love Disneyland. However, I've decided to not renew my pass in April when it expires. It will be way too difficult with a new born.
This past summer we did lots of fun things with family and friends. In June we had some family from Utah spend the week in California with us. We went to the beach, Disneyland, San Diego, and spent lots of time outside swimming and at the park. In July we went to Utah for a week for a Big Rands reunion and to visit family. We had a great time seeing cousins and aunts and uncles that we hadn't seen in years. It was wonderful week! Also in July we celebrated Jacob's 2nd birthday with a doggie swim party. It was a special day for Jacob.
As we've done almost every year since we've been married we went to Utah for Thanksgiving with my family. It was a small event with us, my mom and her husband, and my niece Drew. We had a great time seeing my grandparents and dad and wife while in Utah.
Jared turned 30 in 2010! We celebrated by throwing a big bash 80s style. Wow, what a fun night that was! We had lots of friends and family join us for the special occasion. To our surprise many people even dressed up 80s! Loved it!
Christmas was spent here in California with Jared's family. His parents always host a big Christmas with all of my mother in law's local family. It's always a good time with good food and lots of laughs.
Well that's our year in a nut shell. My new years resolution for 2011 is to be better about journaling or at least blogging so hopefully I'll be keeping this up.

No comments:

Post a Comment